Our Community Voice Advisory Rōpu has eight community members representing a range of communities, hapū and iwi across Tai Tokerau. They are passionate and well connected people who are well known for the contribution they make and the work they do in their communities.
The rōpū acts as an independent body, providing expert perspectives, community input, advice and guidance to Mahitahi Hauora in support of its vision and strategic direction.
The purpose of the rōpu is:
• To ensure what matters to whānau, and the diversity of whānau needs are met and responded to and acted upon
• To be champions for equity
• To give voice to community and advocate for community priorities and needs to the Mahitahi Hauora Board and other sectors
• To be an incubator of ideas that can inform and contribute to the design of models of practice across Mahitahi Hauora partners
• Provide a conduit to disseminate information from Mahitahi Hauora throughout communities of Tai Tokerau
• To be a springboard for connection into priority communities for Mahitahi Hauora mahi.
Chair, Ngāti Hau, Ngāpuhi
Ngāpuhi, Ngāti Tuwharetoa
Ngāti Hine, Ngāpuhi